Saturday, July 19, 2014

Spare change?

Got spare change in hand? Skip my plea and donate now: (click here -->) National MS Society 
Search by my name: Rebecca Leeb and help support my ride.

And for those of you who are still with me...

I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to figure out how to download the Pink Floyd song "Money" and insert it so that when you open this post it plays in the background. But, alas, I am just not that technologically savvy. So, if you wouldn't mind just humming your favorite song about money while reading this, I'd really appreciate it. 
Um, no that's not me to the right of my dad.
That is a toothsome bear.
Obviously. :D

It is that time of year again. The MS 150 is looming large in my future and I am knocking on your virtual door to ask you to help support a fantastic cause and an annual bonding experience for me and my dad. 

Yes, this is me and my dad.
See? Neither one of us looks like
a toothsome bear.
The MS 150 bike ride is a two-day fundraising event held on the coast of North Carolina for the Multiple Sclerosis Society. The ride begins on and ends in New Bern, NC and lets participants choose routes up to 100 miles per day. This year's event is being held the weekend of September 6-7, 2014. 

Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease that affects the nervous system. The disease is progressive and increasingly debilitating. In the U.S. there are about 400,000 people living with MS and 2.1 million worldwide. So, it is likely that you know of a friend or relative who is living with MS. The MS Society supports research, education and provides support for individuals and families.

The ride is my opportunity to pay it forward. Although my life has not been directly touched by MS, participating in this event gives me a chance to try to help improve the lives of people with MS, their families, and their friends.

This is my third year participating in the MS 150 ride in New Bern, NC and I am excited that this year my dad and I plan to go the distance - 100 miles on day 1 and 50 miles on day 2. Last year over 2000 riders raised more than $1.75 million 60% of which was used for for programs, services and advocacy related to MS in the southeastern US. The remaining 40% supports national research efforts to stop disease progression, restore function, and end MS forever.

I can't describe what it means to me to undertake a ride like this with my dad who is my first riding partner. Last year I was thrilled to raise over $1000 for this amazing cause, and I hope to match, or better yet, exceed this amount this year. (please help!!)

But to do this I need your help! Please look under your couch cushions, in your jeans pockets, and at the bottom of your washing machine and pull together your spare change to support my ride and the National MS Society.

To donate go to: 
Search by my name: Rebecca Leeb
and help support my ride.

Together we can make a difference in the lives of people living with MS!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment